Life & Style
Life & Style
Our Life and Style Department focuses on women communities in Africa to:
- Consider African cuisine of all its aspects as a cultural asset and part of the ecological environment.
- Promote African dishes as culinary products ingrained in the life style of a successful sustainable development in any given country.
- Ensure the inclusion of the culinary culture as part of the African creative industry development roadmap.
- Help protect Africa’s culinary diversity as an asset from distortion and erosion by the concept of modernisation.
- Promote the potential of African culinary and the socio-cultural importance attached to this aspect of the African communities.
- Help assess the psychological orientation (perception, motivation, and preference) of multi-stakeholders towards the development of African Eco-culinary Tourism.
- Help to create a strategy to develop African Eco-culinary Tourism in different areas in Africa.
- Develop a strategy to research past known culinary aspects and increase the socialisation, variation, and socio-cultural value of African cuisine.
- Promote the importance of African spices, their culinary benefit and medicinal use.
- Work with The International Culinary Tourism Association and the International Culinary Tourism Development Organisation to improve the ranking of African cities as culinary travel destinations with enormous potential for growth in the world.
Community members and their families, friends, and supporters who engage with the Academy activities would enjoy the following:
- The creation of marketing strategies to develop culinary tourism that help recreate or improve traditional culinary quality and quantity for women entrepreneurs in Africa.
- Culinary tourism is seen as one of the developing sectors that has an economic multiplier effect for regions and the African women community economy would benefit through expansion, employment, opportunities and the increase of income levels.
- The community could take a leading role in the discipline and the maintenance of a healthy and clean environment, not only for the sake of tourism but especially for the health and safety of the community itself.
- The entrepreneurial power of women in the community will be boosted further.